Starting pay: $12 per hour plus tips
WORK AVAILABLE NOW!!
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
and receive paid vacation time after one year.
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
This role is perfect for the seasoned barista or the budding coffee connoisseur, as it provides the opportunity to make classic and specialty drinks and room to be creative with coffee. Our coffee shop is currently open and serving the public in Cripple Creek, Colorado, and we are looking for happy and helpful staff to join the team now.
SUMMARY: To provide customers with prompt, quality coffee selection, purchase, and preparation. To develop, maintain, and enhance positive relations with all customers and staff members. To ensure customers will experience a friendly upbeat and clean atmosphere. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety committee of unsafe conditions as directed.
- Welcomes and connects with every customer to provide excellent customer service.
- Discovers customer needs and appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Responds to customer needs and says “Thank You” to every customer.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms.
-Uniforms must be cleaned and pressed
-Nametags must be worn at all times
-No perfumes worn, hands and nails must be clean, hair must be up or back, and shoes must be clean.
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection, and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties including special projects as needed and directed.
- Prepares a variety of customer beverage orders to Double Eagle Standards
- Prepares and serves food and beverages to customers and staff members as promptly and as courteously as possible. To prepare and serve food and beverages for customers and staff members in a manner, which will ensure a quality appearance and taste, and to prepare items as promptly as possible. Will bus tables when needed.
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of all casino food and beverage outlets and products. Is able to answer customer’s questions concerning it.
- Communicates and maintains performance standards for interaction with customers. Acts effectively to anticipate, reduce, or eliminate complaints from customers.
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments to ensure the best possible guest satisfaction.
- Maintains customer service area and equipment in a clean and appealing manner.
- Follows store policies and procedures for operational flow at each station.
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with procedures and cleaning standards.
- Follows procedures for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing all products.
- Performs equipment maintenance in accordance with preventative maintenance checklist.
- Is a TEAM player, performs all duties and responsibilities as a team.
- Follows cash handling and register policies.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to clock in/out and sign in/out at the beginning and end of each shift. Failure to do so could result in not getting paid for that day.
- Will perform all computer transactions correctly, as instructed by trainer.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to ensure proper customer service.
- Enters all transactions on Micros POS touch screen system and collects and accounts for all cash, credit cards, and comps necessary to balance with sales.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, or the equivalent in education and experience. One (1) or more years of recent and related cooking experience, preferable within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Food Handler’s License, or equivalent, when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for and entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to prepare food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays containing food; and lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Equipment used typical of a retail coffee house including refrigerators, Espresso machine, blenders, satellites, and various cleaning supplies and materials.