Starting pay: $12 per hour
WORK AVAILABLE NOW!!
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
and receive paid vacation time after one year.
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
SUMMARY: To prepare, cook and serve food and beverages to customers and staff members as promptly and as courteously as possible. To prepare, cook and serve food and beverages in a manner, which will ensure a quality appearance and taste, and to prepare meals as promptly as possible. To consistently maintain a clean and well-organized kitchen & Dining Room at all times. To develop, maintain, and enhance relations with all customers and staff members. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisors or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Prepares, cooks and serves food and beverages to customers and staff members as promptly and as courteously as possible. To prepare, cook and serve food for customers and staff members in a manner, which will ensure a quality appearance and taste, and to prepare meals as promptly as possible. Will bus tables when needed.
- Acts to consistently maintain a clean and well-organized Grill at all times.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances positive relations with all Customers and Staff members.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Complies with state and local health codes
- Alerts Lead/Food and Beverage Supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- Enters all transactions on Micros POS touch screen system and collects and accounts for all cash, credit cards, and comps necessary to balance with sales.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of all casino food and beverage outlets and products. Is able to answer customer’s questions concerning it.
- Communicates and maintains performance standards for interaction with customers. Acts effectively to anticipate, reduce or eliminate complaints from customers.
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments to insure best possible guest satisfaction.
- Be sure to clock in/out on the time clock and sign in/out on the sign in sheet located by the time clock, this is very important as it determines your paycheck hours.
- Is a team player, performs all duties and responsibilities as a team.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to ensure proper customer service.
- UNDERAGE GAMBLING / UNDERAGE DRINKING / CHECKING ID’s: It is your responsibility to ensure no person under the age of twenty-one (21) is consuming any alcoholic beverages, gambling, lingering in a gaming area or sitting in a gaming area. This guideline includes underage and off-duty employees. The best way to assure compliance is to ask for ID. Remember, many people look older than they really are. If anyone looks like they are under thirty-five (35) years of age, you are to ask for their ID. If you have questions about any ID call the Key on Duty. In addition, you will be responsible to attend the annual retraining of Underage Gambling, Alcohol and checking of ID’s.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated cooking experience, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment. Demonstrated hands-on hospitality, hosting or serving experience, preferably within a gaming environment. Experience in performing specific deadlines or working under pressure. Experience in problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, or the equivalent in education and experience. One or more years of recent and related and cooking experience, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant, and/or gaming environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Food Handler’s License, or equivalent, when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for an entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food and cooking utensils, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays, plates, pots, pans and other cooking utensils containing food; and lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Equipment typical of a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant, including Micros POS touch screen systems, slicers, mixers, ovens burners, steam tables, groove grill, refrigerators, fryers, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, plates, pots and pans, pitchers, oven mitts and various cleaning supplies and materials.