Starting pay: $12 per hour
WORK AVAILABLE NOW!!
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
and receive paid vacation time after one year.
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
SUMMARY: To clean and wash dishes, other cooking utensils and ensure for the cleanliness of all kitchen areas. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisors or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Cleans and washes dishes, other cooling utensils and ensures for the cleanliness of all kitchen areas.
- Maintains a clean, safe and well-organized kitchen at all times.
- Cleans restaurant areas, as requested or required.
- Maintains and enhances positive relations with all CUSTOMERS AND TEAM MEMBERS.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the Colorado Gaming Act.
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to ensure proper customer service.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated experience washing dishes and maintaining a clean and safe kitchen, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diloma, or the equivalent in education and experience. No previous experience is required; however, prior dishwashing knowledge or experience within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment is desirable.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Food Handler’s License, or equivalent, when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for and entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food and cooking utensils, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays, plates, pots, pans and other cooking utensils containing food; and lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.