Starting pay: $12 per hour
WORK AVAILABLE NOW!!
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
and receive paid vacation time after one year.
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO
To ensure the efficient and proper maintenance of all hotel property and the appearance of the guest rooms and hotel areas reflect positively on the company. To develop and maintain positive relations with guests and team members. To perform routine duties by cleaning and servicing guest bedrooms and bathrooms, in accordance with standards set by the department, under the close inspection and direction of a Housekeeping Supervisor. To perform housekeeping operations in compliance with safety and employment laws and the Colorado Gaming Act.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of responsibility of the job, maintains clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety rules and procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety rules and procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Warmly greets guests and team members.
- Ensures that the cleanliness and appearance of the guest rooms, halls, and lobbies reflect positively on the company.
- Maintains housekeeping operations in compliance with safety and employment laws and the Colorado Gaming Act.
- Performs duties in compliance with established security policies and procedures.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Complies with established policies and procedures for guest safety and security.
- Politely communicates and cooperates with other departments to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Assists any guest with any need, anywhere on the property, with the exception of assistance outside of compliance of the Colorado Limited Gaming Act and the Internal Control Minimum Procedures for a non-licensed employee.
- Is informed and aware of all housekeeping policies and procedures and acts to ensure compliance.
- Cleans 13 rooms per day in a scheduled shift.
- Comes to understands room status, room types, room locations, and room amenities.
- Uses chemicals, supplies, and cleaning equipment in compliance of safety procedures.
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment and follows Universal Precautions.
- Maintains a quiet work environment on hotel floors.
- Exercise strict control of assigned floor key, location and use of, at all times.
- Enters occupied and vacant hotel rooms in accordance with policy.
- Cleans bathtubs, toilets, sinks, mirrors, counters, and floor with chemical solutions to departmental standards.
- Makes beds, dusts, vacuums, empties trash, and replenishes supplies to departmental standard.
- Empties and cleans all Hotel cigarette ash trays on a continual basis.
- Reports all lost and found items to the Housekeeping Office in accordance with policy.
- Maintains organization of the housekeeping carts.
- Reads, signs, and complies with the company Employee Handbook, departmental Safety Manual and departmental training manual.
- Participates in, reads, signs, and cooperates with the monthly departmental safety training.
- Thoroughly understands all action to be taken for emergency procedures. Responds immediately to Code Red alarms.
- Follows all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Reads and initials all property wide and departmental memos.
- Understands business demand may require changes to scheduled shifts and days.
- Reports any unusual occurrences, requests, or complaints immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which may, on occasion, be outside the realm of Housekeeping.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrates experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrated experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing workloads.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or Equivalent. One or more years of recent or related housekeeping experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties routinely involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, pushing and standing for an entire work shift with standard breaks. Essential duties also involve kneeling, squatting, bending, walking and crouching/stooping in order to perform duties. Essential duties require lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store, and move housekeeping supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a standard workweek with additional hours routinely required any day of the week.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working within a hotel room environment, which is not subject to extreme temperature changes or adverse weather conditions. Essential duties involve working in a high altitude climate in a casino atmosphere subject to noise and cigarette/cigar smoke and may involve working in other areas of the casino to include kitchen, bar, restrooms, and restaurant.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Housekeeping equipment typical of multi-level commercial hotels including carts, vacuums, trash and trashcans, brooms, gloves, and cleaning chemicals. Occasional use of general office supplies and equipment, including copiers, calculators, staplers, tape and two way radios.