Line Cooks Wanted for Mornings, Swing and Late Night
Do you have a passion for pizza? We have the perfect job for you at Lombard's in the Double Eagle!
Starting pay: $12.50 per hour - experienced line cooks get more pay, late night cooks even more!
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
and receive paid vacation time after one year.
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
SUMMARY: To prepare and cook in a manner which will ensure a quality appearance and taste, and to prepare meals as promptly as possible. To consistently maintain a clean and well organized kitchen at all times. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards and health standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibilities of the job, maintain a clean and safe work
environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes
use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety
procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor
or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Prepares and cooks food in a manner which will ensure a quality appearance and
taste, to prepare meals as promptly as possible.
- Acts to consistently maintain a clean and well organized kitchen at all times.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all CUSTOMERS AND
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Alerts supervisors of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Receives training, technical direction and guidance from the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Perform other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to
ensure proper customer service.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated cooking experience, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrated experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, or the equivalent in education and experience. One (1) or more years of recent and related cooking experience, preferable within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Food Handler’s License, or equivalent, when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for and entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to prepare food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays containing food; and lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.