Starting pay: $12 per hour
Currently looking for someone Thursday thru Monday 8am to 4pm
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
and receive paid vacation time after one year.
Apply in person at The Double Eagle or email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking organized individuals with the ability to multi-task as a guest services agent for our busy hotel and casino located just over an hour west of Colorado Springs in the beautiful historic town of Cripple Creek, Colorado. Customer service focused individuals with clerical and computer experience will thrive in this fast-paced, fun, friendly, yet professional environment. As part of the front desk staff, VIP Hosts welcome frequent and new players to the Premier Club and provide both Double Eagle Premier Club and hotel desk services as a streamlined system for guests and visitors alike. Opportunities for advancement within the department and role may exist for motivated hosts. A Colorado Department of Gaming Support License is required for this position and must be obtained prior to orientation and the start of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The number one priority of a VIP Services Host is CUSTOMER SERVICE. In order to provide the utmost in Customer Service VIP Services Hosts do the following:
- Actively greet every customer that you come in contact with and interact with them in a friendly and cooperative manner.
- Responsible for communicating correct information to guests on all areas of the casino.
- Actively communicates promotions, membership rules, use of player cards, player’s card benefits, etc.
- Actively promotes a positive image and the goodwill of the Casino in all activities.
- Provides the utmost in customer privacy and consideration in personal matters.
- Promptly attends to the needs of customers at the Front Desk, validating and associating coupons, making hotel reservations, etc.
- Promptly resolves customer issues involving the Lead Ambassador, Security or Key on Duty as necessary.
- The number two priority of a VIP Services Host is PRODUCTIVITY AND EFFICIENCY. In order to achieve the highest levels in this area hosts are evaluated after 90 days for proficiency in all areas.
- ICMP’s: Gaming Violations are taken seriously.
- Display your Gaming License in plain view above your waist at all times when on duty.
- Identify minors and inform the minors that they are not allowed to gamble and are not allowed on the gaming floor. If you witness a minor gambling, immediately notify the Key on Duty. If minors need to cross the gaming floor escort them or notify security so they can escort and monitor them visually.
- If a person is perceived to be intoxicated do not serve alcoholic beverages, notify the Key on Duty immediately.
- Performs responsibilities in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Exercise caution and evaluate circumstances for appropriate action. Seek supervision and guidance from Key on Duty and/or Security Shift Lead as needed or directed.
- UNDERAGE GAMBLING / UNDERAGE DRINKING / CHECKING ID’s: It is your responsibility to ensure no person under the age of twenty-one (21) is consuming any alcoholic beverages, gambling, lingering in a gaming area or sitting in a gaming area. This guideline includes underage and off-duty employees. The best way to assure compliance is to ask for ID. Remember, many people look older than they really are. If anyone looks like they are under thirty-five (35) years of age, you are to ask for their ID. If you have questions about any ID call the Key on Duty. In addition, you will be responsible to attend the annual retraining of Underage Gambling, Alcohol and checking of ID’s.
- Team Work: Team work is critical to the success of the front desk and Marketing Team.
- Safety and Security:
- Comply with, maintain and inform guests of safety and security policies and procedures.
- Reports violations to casino management and security.
- Follows established security protocols to ensure a safe work environment.
- Identify safety concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Responds to and controls emergency situations immediately, as needed and directed.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated hospitality or customer service experience, preferably within a gaming environment, but will train newcomers.
- Demonstrated experience responding to high volume of traffic and developing and maintaining positive rapport with guests, vendors and co-workers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience performing and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Must be able to stand 8-10 hours per day.
- Must have a neat and professional appearance.
- Must have basic computer and math skills.
- Must have flexible hours.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent, computer and math skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be 21 years of age. A Colorado State Gaming License is required. Valid Colorado Driver’s License preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work at a computer station 8-10 hours per shift, to stand 8-10 hours per shift with standard breaks, and occasional to frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching and pushing. Use of hands to pass out coupons and to finger, handle, or feel I.D.'s and ability to speak clearly and hear human speech over telephone, two-way radio and in person. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus to read small print on state and federally issued identification cards. This position works any day of the week and any shift of the day.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Essential duties involve working at a computer station 8-10 hours a day with standard breaks and working directly with the public in large volumes. VIP Services station is subject to extreme temperature changes and adverse weather conditions including; wind, rain, snow, cold, heat, and frequently loud and high noise levels. Some outdoor locations are heavily filled with cigarette smoke.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: The following are frequently used: Portable 2-way radios, ID hand stamps, computers, card encoder, printers, calculators, paging system, fax machine, copy machine, telephones, microphone, standard office equipment, etc.