Part-time Friday and Saturday 2pm-11pm
Fine dining environment starts at $12 per hour plus tips
The host at Winfield’s in the Double Eagle, must be knowledgeable about food, wine and drinks. The host needs to have experience in a fine dining setting and a desire to provide superior customer service. Located just over an hour west of Colorado Springs, two hours from Pueblo or Denver, the Double Eagle stands out as a leader in the historic town of Cripple Creek. Please visit us online to view our menu, or come by and fill out an application. All applicants are required to submit a Double Eagle employment application to be considered for an interview.
SUMMARY: To greet CUSTOMERS as they arrive at the Host/Hostess podium and seat them. To develop, maintain and enhance positive relations with all CUSTOMERS and STAFF MEMBERS. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Greet CUSTOMERS as they arrive at the Host/Hostess podium. Inquires from the CUSTOMER the number in their party. And whether or not they have a reservation. Determines whether a table is immediately available. If a table is available, escorts the CUSTOMERS to the table and offers each CUSTOMER a menu, pours water and calls for bread. If a line occurs, offer to put their name down on a list and call them when a table becomes vacant.
- Ensure tables are available for customers with reservations.
- Notifies appropriate wait staff personnel after seating CUSTOMERS in their section.
- Assists, as needed, in serving food and beverages to customers and staff members.
- Always be on time with clothes well pressed, hair back, nails and hands clean. You represent Winfield’s and must always show good appearance and attitude towards customers. Always wear your nametag.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all CUSTOMERS and STAFF MEMBERS.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed by your supervisor.
- If the supervisor is absent, you must take over the position of running the restaurant, under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager or Director.
- Always point out problems you may hear or see to the duty F&B Manager or F&B Supervisor.
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of all food and beverage outlets and products. Is able to answer CUSTOMERS questions concerning the same.
- Communicates and maintains performance standards for interaction with customers. Acts effectively to anticipate, reduce or eliminate complaints from customers.
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments to ensure best possible GUEST satisfaction.
- Is a TEAM PLAYER, performs all duties and responsibilities as a team. It is your responsibility to assert professionalism in all aspects of your job including with other employees.
- Uses the iPad properly and efficiently.
- You are responsible for knowing and understanding the Colorado Gaming ICMP’s applicable to your department.
- UNDERAGE GAMBLING / UNDERAGE DRINKING / CHECKING ID’s: It is your responsibility to ensure no person under the age of twenty-one (21) is consuming any alcoholic beverages, gambling, lingering in a gaming area or sitting in a gaming area. This guideline includes underage and off-duty employees. The best way to assure compliance is to ask for ID. Remember, many people look older than they really are. If anyone looks like they are under thirty-five (35) years of age, you are to ask for their ID. If you have questions about any ID call the Key on Duty. In addition, you will be responsible to attend the annual retraining of Underage Gambling, Alcohol and checking of ID’s.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrates hands-on hospitality, hosting or serving experience, preferably within a gaming environment. Demonstrates performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrates experience with problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work. Must be familiar with making change.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for an entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays containing food: and lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies or equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Equipment typical if a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant, including refrigerators, fryers, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, pitchers, oven mitts, and various cleaning supplies and materials.