Website Double Eagle Hotel & Casino
Locally Owned and Operated
LOMBARD’S BREAKFAST COOK
Days or Weekends
Salary: $17.00 – $18.00
All wages are minimum start wage but are Due On Experience (DOE)
SUMMARY: To prepare and cook breakfast in a manner which will ensure a quality appearance and taste, and to prepare meals as promptly as possible. To consistently maintain a clean and well organized kitchen at all times. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards and health standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibilities of the job, maintain a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Prepares and cook breakfast food in a manner which will ensure a quality appearance and taste, to prepare meals as promptly as possible.
- Acts to consistently maintain a clean and well organized kitchen at all times.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all CUSTOMERS AND TEAM MEMBERS.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
-Uniforms must be cleaned and pressed
-Name tags must be worn at all times
-No perfumes worn
-Hands and nails must be clean, nails may be no longer than ¼ inch, hair must be up or back.
-Shoes must be clean and slip resistant
-Beards must be trimmed to no longer than ½” or a beard net must be worn.
- Alerts supervisors of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Receives training, technical direction and guidance from the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Perform other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to ensure proper customer service.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated cooking experience, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrated experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, or the equivalent in education and experience. One (1) or more years of recent and related cooking experience, preferable within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Food Handler’s License, or equivalent, when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for and entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to prepare food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays containing food; and lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Equipment typical of a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant, including slicers, mixers, ovens burners, steam tables, groove grill, refrigerators, fryers, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, plates, pots and pans, pitchers, oven mitts and various cleaning supplies and materials.
Benefit Statement: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Full time benefits offered includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of employment and annually on the hire or rehire date based on annual hours worked per year with a minimum of 1,095 hours to receive part time vacation; 1,540 hours for full time vacation. Employees receive paid lunch when they remain on property for their lunch period. Employee meal discount of 25% available. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays upon approval from management.
To apply for this job email your details to HumanResources@DECasino.com