Double Eagle Hotel & Casino
CAGE CASHIER – LEVEL I & LEVEL II
Valid Colorado Division of Gaming Support License Required.
Must be 18 years old to obtain a Support Gaming License.
All wages listed are minimum starting wage, also DOE (Depending on Experience).
Starting Pay: PT Day & FT Swing – $15.00/hr + Tips; Grave – $16.00/hr + Tips & DOE
SUMMARY: Individuals with cash handling experience, strong counting and basic math skills will thrive in the fast-paced casino environment as a cage cashier. Open 24/7, the Double Eagle Hotel & Casino is a mountain getaway like no other just over an hour west of Colorado Springs in the historic town of Cripple Creek. Cage cashiers will enjoy a fun and fast-paced work environment and frequent interaction with guests and players as an integral part of the team. A Colorado Division of Gaming Support License is required and must be obtained prior to orientation and the start of work.Valid Colorado Division of Gaming Support License Required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cashier Services to Casino Customers: Provide cashier services to customers including change for the operation of slot machines, cashing of TITO tickets, conversion of coin into cash, consolidating or breaking cash and the cashing of checks for participation in limited gaming.
- Casino Operation Support: Support of casino operations is an extension of service to Casino Customers and should be treated with the same priority. Casino Operation Support includes the payment of jackpots, fulfilling requests for slot machine, counting and verifying money from machine drops, kiosk fills, and payment of customer service requests for the Key Manager on Duty.
- Casino Staff Support: Support casino staff through issuance and receipt of banks, provide currency for the testing of machines, receipt of departmental tips, receipt of departmental revenue, consolidation of individual tips, and other duties as assigned by the Cage Manager.
- Cage Operation: Completes duties required for the operation of the cage(s) including preparation of deposits, counting currency, strapping cash, wrapping coin, verifying cage and imprest bank inventories, preparation of change banks, completion of daily revenue summaries and forms required by accounting, and any procedure deemed necessary for the operation of the department.
- Underage Gambling and/or Drinking – Checking ID: It is your responsibility to help ensure no person under the age of twenty-one (21) is consuming any alcoholic beverages, gambling, lingering in a gaming area or sitting in a gaming area. This guideline includes underage and off-duty employees. The best way to assure compliance is to ask for ID. Remember, many people look older than they really are. If anyone looks like they are under thirty-five (35) years of age, you are to ask for their ID. If you have questions about any ID, call the Key on Duty.
- Gaming Compliance: Perform responsibilities in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Company Policy & Procedure Compliance: Perform responsibilities in compliance with the policies and procedures of Double Eagle Resorts, Inc.
- Safety Compliance: Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Perform duties in compliance with safety procedures. Report any unsafe conditions or practices to the Cage Manager, safety committee or Key Manager on Duty.
- Demonstrate Customer Service and Team Work: Develop and maintain effective working relationships and demonstrate good customer service skills with all customers, co-workers and managers. Maintain an alertness for the performance of all responsibilities and a general awareness of casino operations at all times. Keep Management informed of any concerns.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated knowledge of casino operations, and gaming rules and regulations. Demonstrated experience receiving, securing, handling, counting and reconciling, and distributing large sums of money quickly and accurately. Demonstrated effective and diplomatic customer service and communication skills, which include contacts with employees and customers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent. One (1) or more years of recent and related experience as a cashier, preferably within a gaming environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: No decision-making is required beyond scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have a valid and current State of Colorado Gaming License.
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: Operation of a 10-key calculator and basic computer skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion. Frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs. Stooping, bending, reaching, pushing. Standing for an entire work shift [up to 12 hours] with standard breaks. Essential duties require lifting 35 or more pounds; and working a standard workweek with additional hours on a routine basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working with large numbers of people while primarily in an inside environment, which is frequently loud or containing high noise levels.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Equipment used includes: dollies and carts for transporting inventory, coin/money machines, coin wrapper, whiz box, computers, photocopiers, and calculators.
Benefit Statement: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Full time benefits offered includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of employment and annually on the hire or rehire date based on annual hours worked per year with a minimum of 1,095 hours to receive part time vacation; 1,540 hours for full time vacation. Employees receive paid lunch when they remain on property for their lunch period. Employee meal discount of 25% available. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays upon approval from management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org