Double Eagle Hotel & Casino
FRI-TUES 6:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Starting Pay: $13.65/hr + Tips
All wages listed are minimum start wage but are also DOE (Depends on Experience)
SUMMARY: To greet Customers as they arrive at the Host/Hostess podium and seat them. To develop, maintain and enhance positive relations with all Customers and staff members. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Greet Customers as they arrive at the Host/Hostess podium. Inquiries from the Customers the number in their party. Determines whether a table is immediately available. If a table is available, escorts the Customers to the table and offers each Customers a menu or advises them about the buffet. If a line occurs, offer to put their name down on a list and call them when a table becomes vacant.
- Ensure tables are accurately clean and set for customer.
- Notifies appropriate wait staff personnel after seating Customers in their section.
- Assists, as needed, in serving food and beverages to Customers and staff members.
- Always be on time with clothes well pressed, hair back, nails and hands clean. You represent the Food and Beverage Department and must always show good appearance and attitude towards Customers. Always wear your name tag.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all Customers and staff members.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed by your Supervisor.
- Never walk by a table with dirty dishes in front of a customer. Always pick up the dishes on your way back to the kitchen. FULL HANDS OUT-FULL HANDS IN. This is pre-busing to be done by the server primarily but as business may demand it is everyone’s job to pre-bus.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the front of the house; dessert case clean and filled, rolling silverware, cleaning mirrors, organization of host station
- At end of shift trash needs to be taken out
- Responsible for closing out tickets properly in Micros and effectively keeping cash drawer even.
- Responsible for monitoring Customers leaving restaurant and paying for services rendered before their exit. If a customer walks out host/hostess is responsible for notifying Food and Beverage Supervisor or Manager and then the key on duty.
- Always point out problems you may hear or see to the duty manager or supervisor.
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of all Lombards and Deli food and beverage outlets and products. Is able to answer Customers questions concerning the same.
- Communicates and maintains performance standards for interaction with Customers. Acts effectively to anticipate, reduce or eliminate complaints from Customers.
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments to ensure best possible Customer satisfaction.
- Is a TEAM PLAYER, performs all duties and responsibilities as a team.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to ensure proper customer service.
- You are responsible for knowing and understanding the Colorado Gaming ICMP’s applicable to your department.
UNDERAGE GAMBLING / UNDERAGE DRINKING / CHECKING ID’s: It is your responsibility to ensure no person under the age of twenty-one (21) is consuming any alcoholic beverages, gambling, lingering in a gaming area or sitting in a gaming area. This guideline includes underage and off-duty employees. The best way to assure compliance is to ask for ID. Remember, many people look older than they really are. If anyone looks like they are under thirty-five (35) years of age, you are to ask for their ID. If you have questions about any ID call the Key on Duty. In addition, you will be responsible to attend the annual retraining of Underage Gambling, Alcohol and checking of ID’s.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrates hands-on hospitality, hosting or serving experience, preferably within a gaming environment. Demonstrates performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrates experience with problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work. Must be familiar with making change.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for an entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays containing food: and lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies or equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Equipment typical if a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant, including refrigerators, fryers, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, pitchers, oven mitts, and various cleaning supplies and materials.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Full time benefits offered includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of employment and annually on the hire or rehire date based on annual hours worked per year with a minimum of 1,095 hours to receive part time vacation; 1,540 hours for full time vacation. Employees receive paid lunch when they remain on property for their lunch period. Employee meal discount of 25% available. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays upon approval from management.
Download Application and Apply Today
To apply for this job email your COMPLETED job application to HumanResources@decasino.com