Website Double Eagle Hotel and casino
Locally Owned and Operated
Wednesday – Sunday
Starting Pay: $15.50-$16.00/hr
All wages listed are minimum start wage but are also DOE: (Depends on Experience)
SUMMARY: To supervise the performance of housekeeping staff in the efficient and proper maintenance of all casino property. To ensure that the appearance of all property reflects positively on the company. To monitor all property and ensure for attractiveness and safety to GUESTS and STAFF MEMBERS. To establish and maintain housekeeping operations in compliance with safety and employment laws and the Colorado Gaming Act.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed. Maintains all required Hazardous Products information sheets (MSDS).
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary, and writes warning notices when policy has been violated. Evaluates employees in order to be promoted when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping Department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns 20-40 subordinate employees to their regular duties, or any special assignments that need to be accomplished. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to the occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log record book of all employees within the department.
- Informs new employees of regulations. Trains and assigns new employees to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the reports made by other Housekeeping Supervisors.
- Prepares all supply requisitions, responsible for Inventory control and P.O.S to replace stock. Maintains a lost and found compartment and is responsible for turning all lost and found items over to the security department.
- Maintains an alertness for the performance of all responsibilities, and prior to taking action, exercises caution and evaluate circumstances for appropriate security or safety response.
- Operates a two-way radio professionally when contacting team members. Keeps transmissions short, speaks clearly and follows radio etiquette.
- Ensures that the appearance of all property reflects positively on the company.
- Monitors all property and ensures for attractiveness and safety to GUESTS and STAFF MEMBERS.
- Maintains housekeeping operations in compliance with all company and departmental policies as well as federal and state labor and safety laws.
- Ensures staff compliance with all security policies and procedures.
- Ensures that staff maintains exceptional appearance and properly wear all uniforms.
- Ensures that all staff are trained in the proper use of all equipment and supplies.
- Conducts on going training in department policies and procedures. Maintaining positive work relations and encourages communications and exchange of ideas.15
- Coordinates housekeeping operations with other departments and maintains positive inter-departmental relations.
- Seeks guidance from other department heads as necessary.
- Communicates and maintains performance standards for interaction with guests and manages staff to act effectively to anticipate or eliminate guest complaints.
- Assists with the preparation of departmental budgets. Keeps accurate operating expense records.
- Orders, Maintains and reconciles all departmental supplies and equipment.
- Attends all required department, Hotel and Casino meetings as directed. Performs such other duties as are directed by the Hotel or General Manager.
- Effectively manages departmental labor costs through monitoring 3 and 7 day for costs.
- Communicates all room related problems to Maintenance Department.
- Communicates directly to Housekeeping Manager and discrepancies on daily room status reports.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- Cleans and inspects rooms in the event of a staffing shortage.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated experience supervising a housekeeping or general maintenance function, preferably within a hospitality environment. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrated experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work. Availability to respond to property needs on a 24-hour basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Graduate. Three or more years of recent and related housekeeping experience, including one year of supervisory experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: Demonstrated knowledge or various laws related to safety. Workers compensation, employment, and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act. Also knowledge of computer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties routinely involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, pushing and standing for an entire work shift with standard breaks. Essential duties require lifting up to 40 pounds to stack, store, and move general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a standard or graveyard workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in all areas within the casino including kitchen, bar, restrooms, boiler rooms and restaurant that contains loud noise, cigarette smoke and other odors. Essential duties also include working in a high altitude climate.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Housekeeping equipment typical of multi-level retail-commercial building containing a kitchen, bar, restrooms, boiler room, restaurant and hotel rooms, including: gloves, vacuums, trash and trash cans, extractors, compactors, cleaning chemicals, and floor care buffers. Occasional use of general office supplies and equipment, including: Computer, photocopier, calculators, staplers and tape, fax machines, keys and two-way radios.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com