Double Eagle Hotel & Casino
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Valid Colorado Division of Gaming Support License Required
All wages listed are minimum start wage but are also DOE: (Depends on Experience)
Starting Pay: – $14.00 – $15.00/hr + Tips DOE
SUMMARY: As the HR Administrative Assistant, you will be the master of files and organization, a quick document maker and friendly greeter for the HR office via phone and to in-person visitors. The role includes clerical and employee relations duties and requires a high level of confidentiality with documents and personal information. Integrity, willingness and ability to adapt and learn are a few of the required abilities for the position. Individual must me reliable, honest and punctual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are meant to support the HR director, not to act as a stand-in. Although additional duties may be added, they will coincide with these general responsibilities.
- Answering phones and greeting employees and perspective employees in a polite and professional manner is essential for the job.
- Ability to use high level of reasoning and trouble shooting.
- Filing, disseminating, collecting, and checking paperwork is a key component of the job.
- Applicant tracking
- Presenting Double Eagle Resort Inc. policies to employees during orientation and reorientation presentations.
- Employee input and provision of onboarding materials will start with support until proficient independently.
- Make calls to verify employment history of applicants and use systems to vet prospective employees/applicants in accordance with best practice and legal restrictions.
- Learn about human resources, employee rights and employer rights to direct individuals to appropriate resource materials.
- Document creation for display or organization.
- Input or editing of basic information into online systems.
- Communicate with employees, vendors, affiliates, etc. on behalf of HR via phone, email or fax when needed and with direction from the HR director.
- Keep in close contact with HR director.
- Running and disseminating weekly, monthly or annual reports.
- Tracking and ordering first aid supplies.
- Occasional light cleaning.
- Other duties as requested by the Director.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: One year experience in an office atmosphere or equivalent. Strong computer skills. Work with individuals in a diplomatic manner. Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality. An understanding of how to use Windows is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent with knowledge and displayed ability of how to access and use a computer, knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and how to save and move files in a server. Willingness and displayed ability to learn both internet-based and software computer systems, and the ability to type, alphabetize and organize.
LANGUAGE SKILL: Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational skills. Strong customer service skills, and the ability to respond appropriately to not create liability for the company or department.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to problem solve and research. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current Colorado Support Gaming License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment fluctuates from low to high.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Full time benefits offered includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of employment and annually on the hire or rehire date based on annual hours worked per year with a minimum of 1,095 hours to receive part time vacation; 1,540 hours for full time vacation. Employees receive paid lunch when they remain on property for their lunch period. Employee meal discount of 25% available. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays upon approval from management.