Website Double Eagle Casino
Locally Owned and Operated
LEAD SLOT TECHNICIAN
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00/hr + Tips
Valid Colorado Division of Gaming Support License Required
All wages listed are minimum start wage but are also DOE: (Depends on Experience)
SUMMARY: To install, service, adjust and repair slot and other coin-operated machines within Colorado Gaming rules and regulations. To develop, enhance and maintain positive and effective relations with customers and team members. To develop, train and supervise staff to meet and exceed performance expectations. To supervise slot operations and assist in effective scheduling of slot department staff, proper operations of slot equipment, and positive interactions with Guests. To assist customers with jammed machines, jackpot payouts and machine fills. To provide customers with a greater understanding of how to read slot machine pay tables. To provide customers with change and/or assist customers in obtaining bills that work in the bill validators. To assist in providing customer services to all customers. To develop and maintain effective working relationships and good customer service skills with all customers and team members. To perform all duties in compliance with the State of Colorado ICMP’s and other applicable municipal, state and federal laws and regulations, applicable to all casino operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedure, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbent are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor and/or the safety committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Handles jackpot payouts; including the verification of machine information prior to jackpot payouts in accordance with Gaming rules and regulations
- Handles all slot machine fills, in accordance with Gaming rules and regulations.
- Records appropriate information including meters signature and license number on all jackpot payouts and/or machine fill slips.
- Records appropriate information of the Slot Machine Access Log every time the slot machine door is opened.
- Assists customers with machine jams, as defined by departmental guidelines, and the Director of Slot Operations.
- Provides customers with a greater understanding of how to read slot machine pay tables.
- Provides customers with change and/or assist customers in obtaining bills that work in the bill validators.
- Assists change staff in reconciling bank at the beginning and end of shift as second verifier.
- Handles, counts and reconciles, and distributes large sums of money accurately and promptly.
- Assist in providing customer services to all customers through various activities.
- Performs responsibilities in compliance with the Colorado Gaming ICMP’s applicable to all casino departments.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and good customer service skills with all customers and team members.
- Maintains alertness for the performance of all responsibilities and a general awareness of casino operations at all times. Keeps supervisor informed of any concerns.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures. Informs supervisor and /or Security Officer or Security Supervisor of any concerns.
- Performs, when necessary, as a back up to casino staff.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- Installs, services, adjust and repair slot and other coin-operated machines, within Colorado gaming rules and regulations.
- Receives training, technical direction and guidance from the Director of Slot Operations.
- Safeguard slot machines: Maintains slot repair cart and inventories; Inventory Replacement log; and maintains secure key controls and ensures that machines are in a secure and locked state.
- Adjusts and aligns slot machines to meet or exceed factory specifications.
- Performs machine conversions as required or requested.
- Repair problems on the spot or removes and replaces suspect bad components for later repair in the lab.
- UNDERAGE GAMBLING / UNDERAGE DRINKING / CHECKING ID’s: It is your responsibility to ensure no person under the age of twenty-one (21) is consuming any alcoholic beverages, gambling, lingering in a gaming area or sitting in a gaming area. This guideline includes underage and off-duty employees. The best way to assure compliance is to ask for ID. Remember, many people look older than they really are. If anyone looks like they are under thirty-five (35) years of age, you are to ask for their ID. If you have questions about any ID call the Key on Duty. In addition, you will be responsible to attend the annual retraining of Underage Gambling, Alcohol and checking of ID’s.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supervises slot operations and coordinates with the Director of Slot Operations on effective scheduling of staff.
- Ensures proper operations of slot equipment, and positive interactions with Guests.
- Supervises and develops staff to meet and exceed performance expectations by establishing and maintaining a positive work morale and effective staff member relations. Supervises staff in slot operations. Provides personal attention and assistance to customers: response to and resolves minor machine problems. Explains gaming rules and regulations as necessary. Acts to keep customers satisfied and motivated to return whether they win or lose.
- Follows security protocols to ensure that casino and hotel work environment are safe.
- Reports violations to casino security policies and procedures, as directed.
- Keeps the Director of Slot Operations, Key on Duty and Casino Manager informed of any concerns.
- Provides technical direction to slot technicians and slot attendants in trouble shooting of equipment and records appropriate information, as directed.
- Maintains an alertness for the performance of all responsibilities, and a general awareness of casino slot operations at all times. Takes appropriate action based on observations, as directed or established by casino policies and procedures as well as gaming rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties, including special project, as needed and directed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demonstrated knowledge of casino operations, Colorado gaming rules and regulations. Demonstrated working knowledge of slot machine games and basic operations. Working knowledge of jackpot payouts and machine fill procedures. Demonstrated experience receiving, securing, handling, counting and reconciling, and distributing large sums of money. Demonstrated effective and diplomatic customer service and communication skills, which includes contacts with employees and customers. Demonstrate experience installing, servicing, adjusting and repairing slot and other coin operated machines. Demonstrated experience performing “bench level” electronic work. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrated experience solving, organizing and prioritizing work. Demonstrated experience and people skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or Equivalent, with course work in electronics or graduation from a trade or technical school with an emphasis in electronics is preferred. Three (3) or more years of recent and related experience installing, servicing, adjusting and repairing slot and other coin operated machines, preferably within a gaming environment. Handling of money is desirable. Demonstrated ability performing basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Three (3) years Previous supervisory experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or picture form. Ability to deal with problems, involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have a valid and current State of Colorado Gaming License. Must have a valid Colorado drivers license. Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties involve performing Physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, pushing, twisting, and standing for an entire work shift with standard breaks. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 200 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Working a standard workweek with additional hours on a routine basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties involve working with large numbers of people while primarily in an inside environment, which is a frequently loud or containing high noise level. Some inside locations are heavily filled with cigarette smoke. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Various tools and equipment, which are used to service and repair slot machines.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Full time benefits offered includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of employment and annually on the hire or rehire date based on annual hours worked per year with a minimum of 1,095 hours to receive part time vacation; 1,540 hours for full time vacation. Employees receive paid lunch when they remain on property for their lunch period. Employee meal discount of 35% available. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays upon approval from management.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com