Double Eagle Hotel & Casino
Starting Pay: FT Days & PT/Swing $14.00 – $14.50/hr
All wages listed are minimum start wage but are also DOE (Depends on Experience)
SUMMARY: To clean and wash dishes, other cooking utensils and ensure for the cleanliness of all kitchen areas. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisors or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Cleans and washes dishes, other cooling utensils and ensures for the cleanliness of all kitchen areas.
- Maintains a clean, safe and well-organized kitchen at all times.
- Cleans restaurant areas, as requested or required.
- Maintains and enhances positive relations with all CUSTOMERS AND TEAM MEMBERS.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the Colorado Gaming Act.
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to ensure proper customer service.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated experience washing dishes and maintaining a clean and safe kitchen, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diloma, or the equivalent in education and experience. No previous experience is required; however, prior dishwashing knowledge or experience within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment is desirable.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Food Handler’s License, or equivalent, when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for and entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food and cooking utensils, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays, plates, pots, pans and other cooking utensils containing food; and lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT USED: Equipment typical of a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant, including slicers, mixers, ovens burners, steam tables, groove grill, refrigerators, fryers, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, plates, pots and pans, pitchers, oven mitts and various cleaning supplies and materials.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Full time benefits offered includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of employment and annually on the hire or rehire date based on annual hours worked per year with a minimum of 1,095 hours to receive part time vacation; 1,540 hours for full time vacation. Employees receive paid lunch when they remain on property for their lunch period. Employee meal discount of 35% available. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays upon approval from management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org