Double Eagle Hotel & Casino
MAINTENANCE – MECHANIC I
All wages listed are minimum start wage but are also DOE: (Depends on Experience)
Starting Pay: Nights and Weekends – $13.00/hr
Summary: Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine to skilled maintenance and support duties related to the care of the physical structure and systems of the property, and provides assistance as directed, to guests and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Repairs and maintains physical structure and cosmetic appearance of the property by performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical, and other related basic maintenance activities. Replaces air conditioner filters.
- Performs routine manual duties and provides intradepartmental support as required, such as moving supplies, furniture, equipment, scrap, replacing light bulbs and unstopping drains.
- Installs and performs minor repairs on cabinetry, furniture, doors, windows and trim.
- Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk.
- Dismantles defective mechanisms and simple machines and equipment, including locks, office equipment, unit heaters and appliances. Installs new or repaired parts.
- Visually inspects machines or equipment, and listens for unusual sounds to detect malfunction. Discusses any unusual conditions with supervisors.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment or any aspect of the physical building.
- Monitors property wide safety conditions and adherence to policy, and participates in general and departmentally specific safety and technical training.
- Performs other duties and assists as directed by the Engineering Supervisor.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily or possess the aptitude to assist others until the required skills are developed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Tasks specific to specialized structural or systems elements may require on site training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual must possess an understanding of the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission’s “Internal Control Minimum Procedures”, and how these regulations relate to a person in this position and the impact of the ICMP’s on the performance the work required.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or Equivalent; or three to six months’ related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply single digits and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Current Driver’s License, (U.S. State or Territory)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials & Equipment Directly Used: Hand Tools, Power Tools, Saws, Drills, Sanders, etc. Scissor Lift, Boom Lift, Table Saw, Drain Cleaning Augers, Company Vehicles, Painting Supplies.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Full time benefits offered includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of employment and annually on the hire or rehire date based on annual hours worked per year with a minimum of 1,095 hours to receive part time vacation; 1,540 hours for full time vacation. Employees receive paid lunch when they remain on property for their lunch period. Employee meal discount of 25% available. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays upon approval from management.
To apply for this job email your details to HumanResources@decasino.com