Greeter & Temperature Checker
Starting pay: $12 per hour
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days and receive paid vacation time after one year.
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
Motivated individuals eager to get back to work and willing to help ensure health and safety in the workplace by limiting the spread of coronavirus through the enforcement of sanitation protocol and monitoring of employee and customer health. The role of Greeter & Temperature Checker reports to the Key on Duty. A Colorado Division of Gaming Support is preferred but not required for this role.
- Greet people coming in the door in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Check and record symptoms and temperatures of employees and customers.
- Sanitize tools, equipment and workstations following specific protocol and reinforcing this protocol throughout the workplace with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Have a polite and respectful demeanor when asking staff and customers to adhere to sanitation protocol.
- Have a calm demeanor and level head when communicating bad news or telling employees or customers they must return home due to fever or lack of appropriate PPE.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Be willing to adapt to, and communicate, new protocols for sanitation to employees.
- Monitor, track and enforce mask use and proper wear to employees.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of job description.
Qualified applicants will have superior customer service and communication skills and be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to write legibly, speak and comprehend the English language.
REASONING ABILITY: Must be able to communicate company protocol around sanitation based on the situation in the appropriate tone, and understand and practice strict confidentiality with employee information.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must pass COVID sanitation training after hire with a score of 100%.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee so successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, from floor to waist, waist to shoulder.
- Must be able to work standing for 8 to 10 hour work shifts, while performing, walking, climbing stairs, lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, reaching and twisting motions.
- General tolerance for common cleaning products is necessary. Personal Protective Equipment is provided when required.
- Ability to work in a crowded environment with high noise.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working with people and in an environment containing loud, continuous high noise levels, and near areas where outdoor cigarette smoking occurs.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Cleaning supplies including standard cleaning products and disinfectants with use of proper personal protective equipment, ink pens, and thermometers.
Applicants must submit a complete Double Eagle Hotel & Casino application to be considered for the position. Visit the Double Eagle Hotel & Casino at 442 East Bennett Ave. in Cripple Creek, Colorado to submit your application today. $12 per hour full time work available. Please call or email the Double Eagle Human Resources office with any questions at 719-689-5491 or HR@decasino.com.