COVID Defense Clerk - Position Level I
Pay Rate: $12.32 per hour
Weekends required with part time or full time available for Graveyard or Swing Shift
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
Motivated individuals eager to get back to work and willing to help ensure health and safety in the workplace by limiting the spread of coronavirus through the enforcement of sanitation protocol and monitoring of employee health. The role of Employee Sanitation Relations reports to Director / Manager of Security/Surveillance and COVID Enforcers.
- Check and record Staff and Guest temperatures and check Guest IDs.
- Sanitize tools, equipment and workstations following specific protocol and reinforcing this
protocol throughout the workplace with Staff and Guests.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Have a polite and respectful demeanor when asking Staff and Guests to adhere to sanitation protocol.
- Have a calm demeanor and level head when communicating bad news or telling Staff and Guests they must return home due to fever or lack of appropriate PPE.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Be willing to adapt to, and communicate, new protocols for sanitation and safety to Staff and Guests.
- Monitor, track and enforce social distancing in Staff areas.
- Monitor, track and enforce mask use and proper wear to Staff and Guests.
- Read schedules and plan accordingly to meet Staff when they arrive.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of job description.
Qualified applicants will have superior customer service and communication skills and be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The individual must possess an understanding of the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission’s “Internal Control Minimum Procedures”, and how these regulations relate to a person in this position and the impact of the ICMP’s on the performance of the work required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to write legibly, speak and comprehend the English language.
REASONING ABILITY: Must be able to communicate company protocol around sanitation based on the situation in the appropriate tone, and understand and practice strict confidentiality with employee information. If any questions or situations that you are unfamiliar with arise, check with KOD first. KOD is the first line supervisor for employees on the floor and is the only person who should be dealing with a combative person.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must pass COVID sanitation training after hire with a score of 100%.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, from floor to waist, and or, waist to shoulder.
- Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 to 10 hour work shifts, while performing tasks such as, walking, climbing stairs, lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, reaching and twisting.
- General tolerance for common cleaning products is necessary. Personal Protective Equipment is provided when required.
- Ability to work in a crowded environment with high noise.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working with people in an environment containing loud, continuous high noise levels, and near areas where outdoor cigarette smoking occurs.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Cleaning supplies including standard cleaning products and disinfectants with use of proper personal protective equipment, ink pens, and thermometers.
Benefit Statement: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Benefit offer includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of work and annually on the hire or rehire date based on hours worked per year. Free parking on site, employee meal discount of 25% available at Lombard’s and the deli. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays approval from management.