Housekeeping House Person - Position Level I
Day Shift Sunday through Thursday
Pay rate: $12.32 per hour
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety rules and procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety rules and procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Maintains good public relations with GUESTS and STAFF MEMBERS.
- Stocks room attendant’s carts with cleaning supplies as needed.
- Maintains housekeeping operations in compliance with safety and employment laws and the Colorado Gaming Act.
- Performs duties in compliance with established security policies and procedures.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Complies with established policies and procedures for guest safety and security.
- Politely communicates and cooperates with other departments to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Is informed and aware of all housekeeping policies and procedures and acts to ensure compliance.
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment and follows Universal Precautions if over age 18.
- Maintains a quiet work environment on the hotel floors.
- Reads, signs, and complies with the company Employee Handbook, departmental Safety Manual and departmental training manual.
- Participates in, reads, signs, and cooperates with the monthly departmental safety training.
- Thoroughly understands all action to be taken for emergency procedures. Responds immediately to Code Red alarms.
- Follows all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Reads and initials all property wide and departmental memos.
- Understands business demand may require changes to scheduled shifts and days.
- Reports any unusual occurrences, requests, or complaints immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which may, on occasion, be outside the realm of housekeeping.
- Uses chemicals, supplies, and cleaning equipment in compliance to safety procedures.
- Exercises strict control of assigned floor key, location and use of, at all times.
- Cleans, sweeps and mops all stairwells.
- Empty and clean all Hotel cigarette urns on a continual basis.
- Cleans outside surfaces of all elevators.
- Cleans rugs, carpets (hallway and hotel rooms), and upholstered furniture using vacuum cleaner, broom, and shampoo machine.
- Assists in cleaning rooms and making beds if required.
- Cleans hallways and lobby areas.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, and restrooms.
- Washes walls and ceilings, moves and arranges furniture, and turns mattresses.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Dusts and polishes metal work, and all woodwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Receives linen supplies.
- Stores linen supplies in floor linen closets.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants, including restrooms and public spaces on a continual basis.
- Cleans vending machine areas as needed..
- Assists as necessary, help with guest services, guest luggage, and valets.
- Strips down beds for room attendants.
- Makes beds for Room Attendants as needed.
- Do not strip rooms until it is cleared by room attendant.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated experience performing positively and achieving objective based results.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A demonstrated knowledge of janitorial or housekeeping duties, including knowledge and experience with floor care machines (i.e., buffers and extractors).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Successful completion of hazardous material training. If under 18 you are not allowed to mix chemicals, over 18 or Supervisors are to do it for you.
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting, upper torso twisting, reaching, and standing for 10 hour shifts with standard breaks. Essential duties require periodic lifting 25 to 75 pounds from floor to waist to waist to shoulder; pushing linen carts that can be up to 320lbs; using standard cleaning chemicals with citrus acid base; working any day of the week; any shift of the day.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working with large number of people and in an environment containing loud, continuous high noise levels, and contain cigarette smoke and other odors.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Trash compactor; cleaning supplies including citrus based (wood polish, gum remover and glass cleaners) and other chemical all purpose cleaners and disinfectants; snow removal equipment and chemicals; floor maintenance machines (i.e., buffers and extractors); and lifting belts and protective equipment, including gloves and goggles (which are to be used in the performance of duties). If under 18 years of age please see management first.
Benefit Statement: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Benefit offer includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of work and annually on the hire or rehire date based on hours worked per year. Free parking on site, employee meal discount of 25% available at Lombard’s and the deli. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays approval from management.