Porter - Position Level I
Day Shift 7am-3pm Wednesday-Sunday
Swing Shift 3pm – 11pm Thursday – Monday
Pay rate: $12.32 per hour
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
To participate in the activities of the Porter Department, to provide effective cosmetic and sanitary upkeep of gaming equipment and facilities in accordance with policies, procedures and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs duties as directed by the Porter Manager and/or Porter Lead. These duties include but are not limited to the following.
- Cleans, sanitizes, maintains and stocks all public and employee restrooms including the third floor.
- Enhances the guest experience by providing courteous and cheerful service, supplying information and support within job parameters.
- Cleans and maintains the appearance of sidewalks, garage, valet and dock, keeping them free from trash and cigarette butts. Also checking trash cans.
- Clean and maintain all stairwells
- Keeping parking lots free of trash and debris.
- Cleaning all windows inside and out.
- Polish and maintain all brass fixtures including doors, elevators, and railing.
- Cleaning and polishing trash receptacles inside and out, including ashtrays and trashcans.
- Cleans and polishes mirrors in casino and lobby locations.
- Dusting and cleaning of all casino signage.
- Maintain appearance of gaming area including dusting and polishing slot machines and chairs, cleaning trash from between, behind, and on the floor around slot machines.
- Clean floor surfaces including carpet and marble tile, including stairs and elevator.
- Maintain employee break room, including cleaning microwave, counters, tables, trash, sinks and locker rooms.
- Support special projects including seasonal decorating and marketing promotions.
- Participates in departmental safety and technical training program.
- Must be willing to support other departments as needed.
- Clean tables, chairs and foot rails in Gold Creek and in the bars.
- All work stations to be stocked including breaking down your area.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual must possess an understanding of the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission’s “Internal Control Minimum Procedures”, and how these regulations relate to a person in this position and the impact of the ICMP’s on the performance of the work required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to write, speak and comprehend the English language.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to deal with common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee so successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, from floor to waist, waist to shoulder.
- Must be able to work on ladders up to 12 feet in height.
- Must be able to work standing for 8 to 10 hour work shifts, while performing, walking, climbing stairs, lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, reaching and twisting motions.
- General tolerance for common cleaning products is necessary. Personal Protective Equipment is provided when required.
- Ability to work in crowded environment with high noise.
- JOB MAY REQUIRE WORKING ANY SHIFT ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working with large number of people and in an environment containing loud, continuous high noise levels, and contain cigarette smoke and other odors.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Trash compactor, vacuums, buffers, brooms, mops, washing machine and dryer. Cleaning supplies including standard cleaning products and disinfectants with use of proper personal protective equipment.
Benefit Statement: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Benefit offer includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of work and annually on the hire or rehire date based on hours worked per year. Free parking on site, employee meal discount of 25% available at Lombard’s and the deli. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays approval from management.