Winfield’s Busser - Position level depends on fine dining experience
Pay range: $12-$12.50 plus tips
Weekends Friday & Saturday only – Swing Shift
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
To serve food and beverages to CUSTOMERS and STAFF MEMBERS as promptly and as courteously as possible. To develop, maintain and enhance positive relations with all CUSTOMERS and STAFF MEMBERS. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Assists in serving food and beverages to CUSTOMERS and STAFF MEMBERS as promptly and as courteously as possible. Greets and seats customers, when necessary.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all CUSTOMERS and STAFF MEMBERS.
- Clear, pre-bus all tables as needed.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms. Uniforms must be cleaned and pressed, nametags must be worn at all times, always have apron on and bib UP.
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed by supervisor or hostess.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of all casino food and beverage outlets and products. Is able to answer CUSTOMERS questions concerning the same.
- Communicates and maintains performance standards for interaction with customers. Acts effectively to anticipate, reduce or eliminate complaints from customers.
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments to ensure best possible GUEST satisfaction.
- Assists hostess and waitstaff to fill water, tea and coffee glasses as needed.
- Be sure to read all Double Eagle Regulations and read all menus on the restaurant board regularly.
- Do not leave area unless you notify the hostess or supervisor.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES--shall you touch the tips left on the tables. Servers will distribute your share of gratuities at the end of the shift. REMEMBER the more you work for your server, the more generous they will be.
- Clock in and out. Failure to do so could result in you not getting paid for that day.
- Is a TEAM PLAYER, performs all duties and responsibilities as a team.
- You are responsible for knowing and understanding the Colorado Gaming ICMP’s applicable to your department.
- Must maintain an appearance and personality to meet and address customers.
- UNDERAGE GAMBLING / UNDERAGE DRINKING / CHECKING ID’s: It is your responsibility to ensure no person under the age of twenty-one (21) is consuming any alcoholic beverages, gambling, lingering in a gaming area or sitting in a gaming area. This guideline includes underage and off-duty employees. The best way to assure compliance is to ask for ID. Remember, many people look older than they really are. If anyone looks like they are under thirty-five (35) years of age, you are to ask for their ID. If you have questions about any ID call the Key on Duty. In addition, you will be responsible to attend the annual retraining of Underage Gambling, Alcohol and checking of ID’s.
- Helps with making Salads and Dessert plates for servers when necessary.
- Showcases Desserts when Necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must be 14 years of age.
LANGUAGE SKILL: Demonstrates effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, pushing and standing for an entire shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in small, confined spaces used to contain food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequent hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: Equipment typical of a retail/commercial kitchen, bar, and restaurant, including slicers, mixers, refrigerators, knives, glasses, pitchers, oven mitts and various cleaning supplies and materials.
Benefit Statement: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Benefit offer includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of work and annually on the hire or rehire date based on hours worked per year. Free parking on site, employee meal discount of 25% available at Lombard’s and the deli. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays approval from management.