Winfield’s Line Cook - Position level depends on experience
Pay range: $13- $16 per hour
Weekends Required – Swing Shift
Apply in person at The Double Eagle Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
SUMMARY: To prepare and cook in a manner which will ensure a quality appearance and taste, and to prepare meals as promptly as possible to meet the expectations of the fine dining establishment. To consistently maintain a clean and well organized kitchen at all times. Top all duties in compliance with safety standards and health standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within the realm of the responsibilities of the job, maintain a clean and safe work
environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes
use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety
procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor
or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Prepares and cooks food in a manner which will ensure a quality appearance and
taste, to prepare meals as promptly as possible.
- Acts to consistently maintain a clean and well organized kitchen at all times.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all CUSTOMERS AND
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Uniform must be cleaned and pressed
- Nametag must be worn at all time
- No perfumes
- Hands must be clean and fingernails may be no longer an 1/4”
- Hair must be tied back
- Beards must be kept trimmed to no longer than ½” in length or net must be worn
- Shoes must be clean and slip resistant
- Alerts supervisors of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Receives training, technical direction and guidance from Winfield’s Chef.
- Perform other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- All employees are to assist (diplomatically) in the training of new employees to
ensure proper customer service.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated cooking experience, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrated experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, or the equivalent in education and experience. One (1) or more years of recent and related cooking experience, preferable within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
REASONING ABILITY: Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Food Handler’s License, or equivalent, when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential duties involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for and entire work shift, with standard breaks, in order to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to prepare food, with floors which may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays containing food; and lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Essential duties involve working in a kitchen environment, which contains loud noise, odors, and a frequently hot or cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Equipment typical of a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant, including slicers, mixers, ovens burners, steam tables, groove grill, refrigerators, fryers, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, plates, pots and pans, pitchers, oven mitts and various cleaning supplies and materials.
Benefit Statement: Full time employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month after 60 calendar days of employment. Benefit offer includes: employee share health insurance, full premium vision, dental, accident and other supplemental insurance available. Paid Sick Leave accrues at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave earned and used per year. Full time and part time employees earn vacation time after one year of work and annually on the hire or rehire date based on hours worked per year. Free parking on site, employee meal discount of 25% available at Lombard’s and the deli. Hotel rate for employee family and friends available weekdays approval from management.